Wednesday, March 30, 2011

still trying

yesterday it was asked of me, why i find it so difficult to actually get into the habit of writing.  I feel that there's a couple of reasons.  I spend around 6.5 hours of every work day looking at a computer screen.  As such, the absolute last thing I want to do when I get home is get on the computer and write.  I need time for my eyes to rest, I need to decompress.  So, when I do feel like writing, it's often after 9pm.  That's really not too late to write, and I should just force myself more often, because I find that when i do force myself, (sometimes) I actually do write something.
So, what I'm hoping to do, what i need to do, is to force myself to get into bed earlier, and start to wake up earlier.  If I can get a solid 8 hours of sleep, I wake up completely refreshed.  I need to get in bed by 10:30, and wake up at 6:45.  If I can become diligent about doing that, i can get a good hour or so of writing in every morning.  Tonight is going to be the first attempt at doing this, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment